Who are we?
We are followers of Jesus Christ, our Lord, and we believe in the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
We uphold the Bible and worship with the Book of Common Prayer.
We believe in amendment of life, the forgiveness of sin, and life everlasting.
We strive to love our neighbors as ourselves and respect the dignity of every person.
Our liturgy retains ancient structure and traditions and is celebrated in many languages.
Holy Communion may be received by all baptized Christians, not only members of the Episcopal Church.
Lay people exercise a vital role in the governance and ministry of our church.
The Church has members in the United States, as well as in Colombia, the Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Haiti, Honduras, Micronesia, Puerto Rico, Taiwan, Venezuela, and the Virgin Islands.
The Episcopal Church is part of the worldwide Anglican Communion, and traces its heritage to the beginnings of Christianity.
We celebrate our unity in Christ while honoring our differences, always putting the work of love before uniformity of opinion.
All are welcome to find a spiritual home in the Episcopal Church.
The Episcopal Church in South Carolina
- 227th Annual Diocesan Convention November 2017
- 226th Annual Diocesan Convention: November 2016
- Special Convention: September 2016
- 225th Annual Diocesan Convention: November 2015
- 224th Annual Diocesan Convention: November 2014
- 223rd Annual Diocesan Convention, February 2014 >
- 222nd Annual Diocesan Convention, March 2013
- Special Convention January 2013 >
- Contact us